1 Hospitalized; Thirteen Poisoned with Carbon Monoxide at Chabad of Great Neck



    Name*
    Email*
    Message

    Lemaan

    1 Hospitalized; Thirteen Poisoned with Carbon Monoxide at Chabad of Great Neck

    Thirteen people, many of whom are teenagers, were poisoned overnight with Carbon Monoxide, while staying at a building used by Chabad of Great Neck. • Full Story

    Thirteen people, many of whom are teenagers, were poisoned overnight with Carbon Monoxide, while staying at a building used by Chabad of Great Neck. 

    According to officials, twelve girls were treated at the scene, and Baruch Hashem, only one 17-year-old, was brought to North Shore University Hospital for treatment. The others were released to parents or guardians. 

    Emergency services arrived at 6:00am, to find high readings of carbon monoxide in the building.  

    Michael Uttaro, the chief fire marshal for Nassau County, says there were not enough carbon monoxide detectors or smoke detectors. He says there were also several violations related to extension cords, fire extinguishers and exit violations at the facility.

    All the girls were overwhelmed, experiencing headaches and nauseous feelings, officials say. The supervising adults did not require medical attention, according to the fire marshal.

    The source was found to be a malfunctioning heating system.

    147

    Tags: ,

    Add Comment

    *Only proper comments will be allowed

    Related Posts:

    1 Hospitalized; Thirteen Poisoned with Carbon Monoxide at Chabad of Great Neck



      Name*
      Email*
      Message