In an effort to keep the schools in the Shchuna open, a number of Crown Heights schools sent out the following identical letter in which they state that they will be testing students for Covid-19.
We hope you had an enjoyable Yom tov and got to spend time with your children.
As we prepare to resume school during this ever changing health crisis, the Crown Heights Moisdos are continuing to work together to avoid a shutdown of our Yeshivas and schools.
Over the past few days we have met and consulted with many Askonim of the Crown Heights community and of neighboring communities. After studying the data, the only option to keep our Moisdos open is to continue testing as many healthy individuals as possible. This will help bring down the average of positive tests and give the schools a fighting chance to remain open.
The need for this is even more critical in light of the Federal Court ruling right before Yomtov, upholding the Governor’s right to order closures.
Therefore, Crown Heights schools have decided that in order for your child to return to school tomorrow, Tuesday, the attached waiver must be filled out and submitted today. This gives a third party permission to test your child for COVID-19 as needed.
We would like to remind you that regardless of the outcome of the test if your child is not feeling well or showing signs of any COVID-like symptoms, he must stay home and immediately consult your primary care physician.
Please remember that masks are mandatory. Your son will not be allowed into the School building or the bus if he is not wearing a mask.
Thank you for your cooperation!