Thanks to a generous donation by renowned G’vir Gennady Bogolyubov, the Chabad Yeshiva of Brunoy renovated the historical chateau which housed the brother of the French King, to serve as the new Zal for the Yeshiva ● Full Story, Pictures
The renowned Chabad Yeshiva in Brunoy, France is located on the property of a historical chateau which belonged to Gaston, Duke of Orleans, the brother of King Louis XII.
The property was given to the Chabad Yeshiva in 1947 by the Joint Distribution Comittee for the purpose of settling displaced Chabad familes after the World War II, and served as the main Yeshiva building for many years, until it was deemed unsafe for use.
The renovation of the building was deemed too expensive for the Yeshiva, as it was declared a historical monument, and would have to be restored.
Recently, the renowned G’vir Mr. Gennady Bogolyubov of Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine / London, England, a friend of the Yehiva donated the full cost of renovating the building, with the inauguration scheduled in the upcoming months.