Requirements for Admission
1. A. or B.Ed. in English Linguistics or Literature from a recognized academic institution
2. Teaching License or Teachings Certificate recognized by the Ministry of Education.
3. Three years of experience in teaching English as a foreign language.
4. Personal Interview.
5. Writing sample (e.g. seminar paper from B.Ed. or B.A.)
6. Candidates who do not meet the admission requirements of the program can be accepted for the following reasons: to increase access to higher education in Israel, to achieve a diverse and multicultural student population, and for special personal and academic reasons which justify waiver of requirements. Up to 10% of candidates can be accepted in this category.
The M.Ed. program at Talpiot College focuses on English as an international language. In our globalized world, English teachers have been asked to broaden and deepen their knowledge of English and become familiar with innovative pedagogies to prepare their pupils for life where most communication – from shopping and entertainment to connecting with experts in specific fields – are conducted in English.
The program encourages teachers to become educators who encourage growth, curiosity, and joy of discovery in their classrooms while engaging in authentic communication in English. By acquiring a high level of academic competence involving theoretical knowledge relevant to the field of teaching English as an international language together with innovative pedagogy, our M.Ed. students become independent and critical thinkers and practitioners. They shift their focus and emphasis from traditional teaching strategies to pedagogy involving the latest digital technologies and project-based learning which stresses the need for communication and collaboration. Our graduates can prepare their pupils for a constantly changing reality and become agents of cultural sensitivity, diversity, and multilingualism.
The courses are designed to gain in-depth knowledge of recent theoretical work in the fields of Educational Linguistics, Literary and Cultural Studies, and Pedagogy with an emphasis on Educational Technology.
For more information and to register for a master’s degree in English, visit the link at www.talpiot.ac.il