Ahavas Chesed and Covid Plasma Initiative are partnering with the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and they need our help now! Join in this mitzvah and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for convalescent plasma is increasing due to the fight against COVID-19 not being over yet. Our brothers and sisters across the country are relying on the plasma donations from our community. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at the Oholei Torah Ballroom!
Wednesday, Rosh Chodesh Menachem Av, 5780 / July 22, 2020
Oholei Torah Ballroom
667 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11213
9:00 am – 9:00 pm
By appointment only!
Refreshments will be served.
Please click here to schedule an appointment if you are available to donate plasma and agree to the following:
– Have a positive antibody test result.
– Feeling well and healthy.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have official written consent from parent or legal guardian)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years cumulatively in France or Ireland from 1980 to 2001.
– Have not spent more than 3 months cumulatively in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 7 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated double red cells in the last 112 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info here and will not be disqualified. (NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
PLASMA DONATION INFORMATION
– A representative from our team or from the NYBC team may contact you if your results are not in our system. Please have a copy of your results ready should the need arise.
– The donation process takes approximately 90 minutes.
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins will not be permitted at this time).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
The Plasma Save-a-Life Team