Vos Iz Neias
The JC Kosher Supermarket, where at least 2 Jews were killed in a shooting spree that left 3 civilians and 1 officer dead, was a targeted location in the attack. That’s according to Jersey City mayor Steve Fulop, who tweeted, “Based on our initial investigation (which is ongoing) we now believe the active shooters targeted the location they attacked. Due to an excess of caution, the community may see additional police resources in the days/weeks ahead. We have no indication there are any further threat”.
– At least six people confirmed dead – Officer Joe Seals IDed as one of the victims
– Police preliminarily identified two male shooters as suspects
– The shooting started at a nearby cemetery and escalated to MLK Drive
– There was a stolen Uhaul van nearby found laden with incendiary devices
– Police were fighting the attackers for 4 hours during the standoff and were met with gunfire from high power weapons
The supermarket was the second of two locations involved in the shooting attack. The incident began with a shooting in Bayview Cemetery, with a police officer being shot. After the shooters were pursued by the police, they then fled to the store, from where they continued shooting.
The revelation that the store was a targeted location is a frightening update to a story which was until now understood to just be a criminal investigation gone awry.