As we approach the festive days of Chanukah, Hatzalah of Crown Heights has prepared a brief list of Safety tips. We suggest that you review the below with other members of your household. Feel free to post and forward this information to your family and friends • Full Story
As we approach the festive days of Chanukah, Hatzalah of Crown Heights has prepared a brief list of Safety tips. We suggest that you review the below with other members of your household and feel free to post and forward to your family and friends.
– Never leave the Chanukah candles unattended and never go to sleep while Chanukah candles are burning
– Insure that the menorah/candelabra is placed on a sturdy non-flammable surface and a comfortable distance away from anything that can catch fire including walls, curtains, cabinets, books, etc…
– Be sure to keep the menorah/candelabra a safe distance from children’s reach and where they cannot be knocked over!
– Encourage children not to play near the lit candles.
– Keep children away from hot oil and cooking areas, as the oil can spray beyond the cooking area.
– Always keep the handles of pots and pans turned inward away from the edge of the stove and out of reach of children.
– Do not pour water on a grease fire! Use a fire extinguisher and have everyone leave the house. Call 911 and Hatzalah immediately.
– Now is a good time to check that you have working smoke detectors. Check for battery replacement if necessary.