Ahavas Chesed is partnering with the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and they need everyone’s help now. Join in this mitzva and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for red blood cells is increasing due to area hospitals resuming elective surgeries. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at the Oholei Torah Ballroom.
Tuesday, 3 Sivan, 5780 / May 26, 2020
Oholei Torah Ballroom
667 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11213
2:30 pm – 8:30 pm
By appointment only!
Refreshments will be served.
Please click here to schedule an appointment if you are available and agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have attached official written consent from parent or legal guardian)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years in Europe between 1980 to present.
– Have not spent more than 3 months in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info at https://nybc.org/donate-blood/become-donor/can-i-donate-blood/ and will not be disqualified. (The NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures. All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins will not be permitted at this time).
Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.